Friday, August 17, 2012

CNN.com - Transcripts - Larry King interview of Samantha Geimer in 2003 (!) - child rape

CNN.com - Transcripts:

KING: When did you decide to tell her?

GEIMER: I didn't tell her. I actually later that night I called my then -- who is now my ex-boyfriend, and...

KING: How old was he?

GEIMER: He was 17, and I was almost 14.

KING: You told him what happened?

GEIMER: I told him what happened and my sister overheard me because she happened to be outside my room, and then told my mom.

KING: Did you tell your boyfriend that it was forced?

GEIMER: Yes, yes.

KING: OK. So your sister tells your mother. So your mother now runs into you, right?

GEIMER: Right. Well, she probably thought about it for a minute, and then -- and then came in and asked me if it was true, and asked me what happened. And then tried to -- everyone was trying to figure out what to do. 


CALLER: Yes. I was wondering what -- how a mother rationalizes sending a daughter off in a car with someone that may or may not like to have sex with young girls? She herself is an actress. He's a director. It looked like maybe there was an agenda there.

How do you feel about that?

GEIMER: That's just totally untrue. We trusted him. We had no reason not to. He was a celebrity. No one had any idea that anything like this would happen and there is no reason we would have thought that.

SILVER: I think also, Samantha's mom thought that a girlfriend was going to go with them.

GEIMER: That's true.

SILVER: And until later that evening, she really didn't know.

KING: She thought a girlfriend went with her.

SILVER: That's correct.

KING: How did he stop the girlfriend from going?

GEIMER: He said, No, I don't think that's a good idea outside by the car after my mom went inside.

KING: So, the girlfriend left.

GEIMER: The girlfriend left. My mom didn't realize I was alone.

No comments: